We spent the weekend in the Rock Creek area and had quite an exciting time. On Saturday we took the kids for a 4 wheeler ride but our trail came to an end and turned into a walking trail so we decided to go for a walk. Jayla was first and then me followed by Wade and Ethan. Not far long on the trail Jayla saws a mystery animal hole and shouts "Badger" (we had been teaching her about similar holes and that sometimes Badgers live in them) and at that same time I hear an animal growl, so I grabbed her and ran back. Wade then goes to investigate the hole (with his gun) and then he hears something rustling in the bushes on the other side of the creek. At that point he couldn't tell exactly what it was. He motions for me to get the camera and I ask what he sees and all I get is his arms extended outward waving up and down. I am not that good at scharades, so I see this movement as something big, big bear is my next thought. So I run for the camera and when I get back I can see a large dark spot on the mountain but I still can't be sure of what it is. Luckily the farther they climbed, the more obvious it was that these were not bear (wheeeeew) but a mother and baby Moose. We now have our own official "Toner" hand signals for Bear, Moose, and Deer (Jayla does these very well)so that there is no confusion in the future.
The autumn colors are very beautiful this time of year
The autumn colors are very beautiful this time of year

1 comments:
Love the blog!! Those pictures are so beautiful. I love this time of year. Good work!
Jessica
Post a Comment