Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ginger Bread House


Here we are making our traditional Ginger Bread house. You might not be able to tell, but Wade's contribution to "making" the house is holding the roof up. See I neglected to read the instructions which recommend assembling the house and waiting a couple hours for it to dry before decorating. So as the kids began putting the candy on the roof, the roof began to sink. We had a great time though. This year was especially fun now that Ethan is more interested in the holiday traditions and being involved. Usually we make our house out of graham crackers, frosting and misc candy but this year I wised up. Last year when all the Christmas stuff went clearance, I bought a kit and saved it. It is a lot easier using the pre-made kits than our old way and by buying it clearance, I spend the same amount of money without all the hassle. We can always use less hassle.

0 comments: